This recipe is again from Syrie Wongkaew, a food-loving Australian. Credits to her.
Check her website, Taste Buddies. I really love her recipes.
GARLIC ROAST CHICKEN
If you want a really tasty roast chicken without too much fuss, then this garlic roast chicken is for you.
The chicken is stuffed with lemon and bay leaves and then roasted in a delicious sauce of white wine, rosemary and 20 garlic cloves.
While this may sound like a lot, the dish is not overly garlicky. The garlic is roasted in its skin and imparts a delicate flavor into the white wine sauce.
Choose from a selection of delicious side dishes including salads and roasted vegetables.
- 1.7kg (3.7lbs) free-range chicken, washed and patted dry
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 400 mls of chicken stock
- 100 mls of white wine
- Kitchen string for tying the chicken legs
- Aluminum Foil
- Serves 4
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F (190C).
- Wash the chicken and pat dry. Place lemon halves and bay leaves in the chicken cavity. Tie the legs together with kitchen string.
- In a small bowl, mix together the rosemary, salt and olive oil. Rub mixture over the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a large baking dish. Set aside.
- Bring the chicken stock, white wine and garlic cloves to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Pour the liquid and garlic cloves into the baking dish with the chicken. Cover baking dish in foil so that no steam can escape and roast for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- After this time, remove chicken from oven and remove the foil. Place chicken back in the oven and roast for another 20 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown.
- Remove chicken from the oven and loosely cover it in foil. Let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce from the baking dish into a saucepan and keep it warm. You can strain some of the garlic coves into the sauce or just keep the cloves whole.
- Serve chicken with garlic sauce on the side. Place a few garlic cloves on each plate so that guests can squeeze garlic onto the chicken if they wish.