So, what’s our next recipe for today?
It’s the Chicken and Vegetable Pot Pie!
Once again, this recipe is from Syrie Wongkaew, a food-loving Australian. Credits to her.
CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE POT PIE
This traditional pot pie makes for a delicious family meal using tender chicken thighs, carrots, potato, fresh corn and leeks. You can put just about any vegetable in there!
This recipe uses frozen pie dough for the topping so there’s no fuss with having to make your own pastry either.
- 350 grams of skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 leek, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen corn kernals
- 1/2 cups of milk
- 2 tsp of freshly chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp of cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup of cold water
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1-2 sheets of pie pastry, cut into rounds slightly bigger than ramekins/baking dish
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 4 medium ramekins
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan over a medium heat. Fry the leeks for 1 minute. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and fry for 2 minutes. Add the carrot, potatoes and corn and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the salt and milk. Stir well. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Now add the dissolved cornstarch and stir well. Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes while the liquid thickens. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Spoon the mixture into small ramekins or a baking dish. Let them sit for about 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Place the pastry rounds over the ramekins and press the dough down the sides. Brush the tops with a little milk and then place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are golden.
- Serve with tomato sauce on the side.